Job Alerts: Account Officer at Gheysen Real Estate Limited
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Gheysen was incorporated as a limited liability company in mid-2005, with a core competence in real estate support services. Our vision is to be the leading real estate consultancy in Nigeria, delivering quality, strategic and commercial solutions to occupiers and investors. Our values are Integrity, Excellence and Professionalism combined with Energy and Innovation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Account Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain files, including filing of general ledger journal vouchers, accounts payable documentation, and other miscellaneous filings.
- Keep a record of a variety of documents, reports, and records.
- Key daily worksheets to the general ledger system.
- Print daily accounts payable checks and insert checks and invoices into envelopes for mailing.
- Prepare requisitions for office, computer, and routine supply purchases.
- Assume responsibility for effectively researching, tracking, and resolving (or properly referring) accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies.
- Maintain regular contact with other departments to obtain and convey information and/or to correct transactions.
- Assist Accounting Department personnel as needed.
- Keep management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Attend and participate in meetings as required.
- Ensure that the work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Complete special projects and miscellaneous assignments as required.
- Post data to the sales journal.
- Handle customer and employee accounts receivable.
- Remittance of Value Added Tax(VAT) & Withholding Tax(WHT).
- Remittance of Pay As You Earn(PAYE)
- Post into the Peachtree Accounting on daily basis.
- Reconcile the bank/cashbook and the bank statement using Peachtree information & raising journals for the adjustment on monthly basis.
- Liaise and work with the external auditors
- Update customer/debtor ledger balance.
- Update creditor’s ledger balance.
- Respond to information requests from internal and external customers.
- Assist with Payroll Management
- Assist with Accounts payable
- Responsible for managing year-end cut-off processes for Accounts Payable.
- Prepare and processes invoices & cheque requests.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with standard practices.
- Liaise with bankers regarding financial transactions.
- Other duties assigned by management.
- Collection of payment from creditors.
- Payment with due dates either 30/60days input of sales and purchases invoice cross-checking on the billing.
- Preparation of management reports for executive management.
- Monthly reconciliation statement of account from the total budgeting for Real Ltd.
- Preparation of the monthly profit and loss account, balance sheet, and cash flow of statement for the company.
- Prepare audit schedules
- Prepare tax computation and liaise with profitably of jobs and costing of jobs.
- BSc/HND in the relevant Accounting discipline.
- Professional membership of accounting body an advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in Accounting practices.
- Proficient in Peachtree or accredited accounting software
- Good oral, written, and communication skills.
Application Closing Date
26th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Only accountants that have worked with a facility management company should apply.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.