Job Alerts: Accountant at a Reputable and Fast-growing Water and Environmental Engineering Organization
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
A reputable and fast-growing Water and Environmental Engineering Organization in the heart of Lekki, Lagos State is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- Responsible for analyzing & reconciling detailed general ledger accounts as assigned.
- Maintains a filing system for account payable records
- Prepare and input prepayment, accrual and other month end journals in the Accounting system
- Respond to and resolve vendors and other accounts queries
- Collate supplier’s documentation for processing
- Work closely with receiving department and related departments to ensure all invoices have the appropriate documentation attached and approvals prior to processing
- Process all invoices and statements and Ensure correct costing and invoicing of all sales and services.
- Record and process payments of goods and services
- Maintain clear lines of communication with outside companies to ensure timely and accurate supply of goods and services
- Keep records and accounts accurate and current.
- Implement all internal control measures.
- Prepare and monitor monthly payroll for wages and salaries.
- Ensure compliance with statutory obligations (Taxes and Rates)
- Liaise with external auditor and government agencies.
- Ensure confidentiality within and outside the organization.
- Maintain general safety of all official documents and cash.
- Complete related reports, summaries and records.
- Stock and inventory management and valuation.
- Coordination and reconciliation of all banking activities.
Requirements / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Accounting
- At least 2-4 years working experience in Accounting
- Mature individual, able to work independently under pressure, able to maintain accuracy, paying attention to details, meeting deadlines and working with minimal supervision.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like SAGE & QuickBooks
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Relevant professional certification is a plus.
- N50,000 to N75,000 monthly in addition to other benefits.
Application Closing Date
18th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.