Job Alerts: Accountant / Operations Manager at Owens and Xley
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Owens and Xley is a Small Business Advisory and Consulting Company in Lagos, Nigeria. Our services include of Small Business Startup and Set up, Business Plan preparation, Business Process Design and Business Strategy Formulation.
We know the role good planning plays in any business and its associated costs; and the initial capital challenges faced by a small business which is why we have developed solutions which ensure that small business owners have access to technical skills but at a fraction of the cost.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant / Operations Manager
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Manage all accounting transactions
- Ensure the accuracy of financial documents as well as their compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Preparing and maintaining important financial reports
- Preparing tax returns and ensuring that taxes are paid properly and on time
- Evaluating financial operations to recommend best practices, identify issues and strategize solutions
- Offering guidance on cost reduction, revenue enhancement and profit maximization
- Execution and management of company’s initiatives and daily operations
- Management of company policies and procedures
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
- Audit financial transactions and documents
- Ensure operations are carried on in an appropriate, cost-effective way
- Improve operational management systems, processes and best practices
- Monitor overall efficiency
- Help the organization’s processes remain legally compliant
- Formulate strategic and operational objectives
- Perform quality controls and monitor production KPIs
- Supervise staff and processes
- Maximizing operating potential to exceed customer’s expectations and company goals.
- Effecting better business practices
- BSc in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree
- 3-5 years experience as an Accountant/ experience in a managerial role
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures
- Hands-on experience with accounting software
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Additional certification is a plus
N120,000 – N150,000 monthly.
Application Closing Date
20th December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.