Job Alerts: Accounts Officer at RENDA
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Renda brings ease to business operations in Africa, by providing easy, fast and reliable solutions to procurement goods storage, haulage and last-mile delivery. With out vast network of tested and trusted logistic partners we procure and Ship goods around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounts Officer
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Executive Director
- Renda is looking for an Accounts Officer to help manage all forms of financial accounting within the organization.
- You would be required to keep accurate records of both accounts payable and accounts receivable, ensuring that invoices are paid where necessary, and that clients pay invoices as required.
- The candidate would also prepare departmental reports and cost projections. The ideal candidate needs to be organized, detail-oriented,be able to analyze information, maintain complete and accurate records, carry on with routine accounting duties, and possess strong communication and computer skills.
- To succeed in this role, the candidate should be committed to providing efficient, reliable support to the organization and external parties. You should be trustworthy, thorough, and courteous with excellent time management skills.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Using documents to verify, record, and process transactions.
- Maintaining accurate and complete records, including ledgers, journals, invoices, receipts, and information related to supplies, inventory and client transactions.
- Assisting the organisation in daily, monthly, and annual activities, including generating financial reports, developing budgets, preparing taxes, and assisting with audits and resolving discrepancies.
- Speaking with vendors and suppliers to ensure charges are accurate and that payments are received in a timely manner.
- Communicating with clients to discuss account statuses, charges, or discrepancies.
- Participating in ongoing education opportunities to learn about industry trends and developments, current financial legislation, and company policies and procedures.
- Keep accurate records of incoming and outgoing payments to the organization
- Collaborate with team members to provide necessary financial reports to senior-level managers
- Handle payroll functions as required by the organization inclusive of tax deductions and all related calculations
- Review financial information and documents quarterly and annual basis
- Assist in the preparation of tax documents for employees including remittance
- Handle general ledger bookkeeping where necessary
- Look for and provide solutions for accounting irregularities
Specific Skills and Characteristics:
- Supervisory principles;
- Risk management and loss control principles and practices;
- Legal processes and procedures;
- Budgetary principles;
- Applicable Federal, State, and local laws, rules, and regulations;
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- At least 4 years experience in a similar role
- Understanding of accounting principles and current financial legislation.
- Exceptional time management, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong math and research skills.
- Computer skills with knowledge of bookkeeping software.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently analyze data.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- CIMA, ICAN ACCA and its related certification would be an added advantage
N100,000 – N150,000 / month.
Application Closing Date
6th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the Job Title as subject of the email.