Job Alerts: Architect at a Reputable Construction Company – Pivotage Consulting
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Pivotage Consulting – Our client, a reputable Construction Company with expertise in the following areas: Prefabricated steel structures, Prefabricated modular container structures, Landscaping, Swimming pool, Water fountains, is looking to hire a suitable candidate for the position below:
Job Title: Architect
Reference No.: NARC / 2155 / VO
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full time
- The primary responsibility is tocreate designs for construction projects, alterations and redevelopments. The use of construction knowledge and high-level drawing skills to design buildings that are functional, safe, sustainable and aesthetically pleasing, staying involved throughout the construction process, adapting plans according to budget constraints, environmental factors or client needs.
- As such, operate as part of an overall project design team, working closely with a range of construction professionals from quantity surveyors to building services engineers.
- Develop projects from early concept through design development, drawings, specifications, and construction documents.
- Consult with clients to determine their structure requirements, design and document commercial and industrial building projects
- Coordinate preliminary architectural studies for structures and alterations to existing structures and site development and Work with teams across business lines, in remote locations, and coordinate with subcontractors
- Resolve complex design issues with innovative and practical solutions while Modifying existing plans and elevations to fit client and sales needs
- Create building designs and highly detailed drawings both by hand and by using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) applications
- Liaise with construction professionals about the feasibility of potential projects and working around constraining factors such as town planning legislation, environmental impact and project budget.
- Develop ideas keeping in mind client’s needs, building’s usage, environmental impact and producing detailed blueprints and to make necessary corrections.
- Take the “brief” to identify clients’ needs and put together feasibility reports, design proposals, make on site visits to check on project status, report on project and ensure that all works are carried out to specific standards, building codes, guidelines and regulations.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- First Degree in Architecture or other related disciplines.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong imagination and the ability to think, create in three dimensions and an eye for detail
- knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Communication and project management skills
- Strong portfolio to prove artistic skills and drawing skills and familiarity with design software (Adobe Photoshop, SketchUp, 3d Studio VIZ or similar).
Application Closing Date
18th May, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.