Job Alerts: Art and Music Instructor at Synapse Services
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Synapse Services is a Centre for Psychological Medicine that is committed to providing a full range of mental health and substance misuse services in a caring, patient- centred environment. We are located in the heart of Nigeria – Abuja, with branches in Lagos, and Anambra state. We provide first class psychological and psychiatric care, with a range of therapeutic programs suited to individual needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Art and Music Instructor
The roles and responsibilities of this include but not limited to:
- Plan, organize, or direct medically prescribed music therapy activities to positively influence patients’ psychological or behavioral status
- Adapt existing or create new music therapy assessment instruments or procedures to meet an individual patients’ needs
- Design music therapy experiences to meet patients’ goals or objectives.
- Engage patients’ in music experiences to identify client responses to different styles of music, types of musical experiences, such as improvising or listening, or elements of music, such as tempo or harmony.
- Establish patients’ goals or objectives for music therapy treatment, considering client needs, capabilities, interests, overall therapeutic program, coordination of treatment, or length of treatment.
- Gather diagnostic data from sources such as case documentation, observations of patients’, or interviews of patients’ or family members.
- Improvise instrumentally, vocally, or physically to meet patients’ therapeutic needs.
- Observe and document patients’ reactions, progress, or other outcomes related to music therapy.
- Assess patients’ needs or disorders, using drawing, painting, sculpting, or other artistic processes.
- Communicate patients’ assessment findings and recommendations in oral, written, audio, video, or other forms.
- Conduct art therapy sessions providing guided self-expression experiences to help patients’ recover from or cope with cognitive, emotional, or physical impairments.
- Confer with other professionals on patients’ treatment team to develop, coordinate, or integrate treatment plans.
- Design art therapy sessions or programs to meet patients’ goals or objectives.
- Interpret the artistic creations of patients’ to assess their functioning, needs, or progress.
- Observe and document patients’ reactions, progress, or other outcomes related to art therapy.
- Talk with patients during art or other therapy sessions to build rapport, acknowledge their progress, or reflect upon their reactions to the artistic process.
- Recommend and / or purchase needed art supplies or equipment.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as subject of the email.