Job Alerts: Assistant Baker at Confectionately Yours (CY)
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Confectionately Yours (CY) by Mrs da-Silva was started in 1983 by confectioner par excellence, Mrs Remi da-Silva. She started the business out of her kitchen, using her own recipe for hand-pressed all-butter cookies. Word of her mouth-watering cookies soon spread far and wide, and it was not unusual to see long queues of people waiting outside the bakery for the next batch to come out of the oven!
Over the years, the CY by Mrs da-Silva’s brand has evolved into a full-service bakery with product lines that include bread, pastries, desserts, cakes and the cookies that started it all. A true pioneer in the industry, Mrs da-Silva and CY are blazing a trail for new entrants to follow.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Baker
Location: Surulere, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Provide Baker’s assistant services to the Bakers and Chefs in the bakery.
- Prepare and bake pieces of bread and other baked goods according to standard scratch recipes or by using premixed, par-baked and/or “bake off” products
- Monitor cooking completion times for efficient use of ovens and other equipment.
- Maintaining a clean and tidy baked goods counter and performing other duties on request.
- Assist Bakers in lifting heavy sacks of flour and other baking items.
- Assist Bakers in operating baking types of machinery and implements.
- Reporting low baked goods stock to the Baker in a timely manner.
- Estimate baking needs, adequate supplies, inventories supplies, and keep records of products made and used
- Strictly adhere to food safety laws and standards while preparing bakery products.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Production Manager.
- FSLC qualification.
- 1 – 2 years Experience.
Application Closing Date
19th March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.