Job Alerts: Baker at Chef Eros & Company
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Chef Eros & Company – Cookie Jar is the celebrated home of African Gourmet cookies and cupcakes, luxurious artisan cakes, breads, pastries and desserts. Our creations of local sensual flavors and more are designed to take your taste buds on a quaint journey to a land of pure satisfaction.
We began our humble journey in the year 2012 and we have grown now into an African Boulangerie and an Adult dessert parlour. Our menu has changed yet our values have stayed the same. We emphasise on using high quality premium produce always whilst supporting local artisans and growers wherever we can.
We are passionate about connecting the dots from our childhood memories. We are the history that kindles your childhood fantasies to a living day reality. Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Baker
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- A fast growing food business with 5 (Five) brands based in Lekki, Lagos is currently seeking to fill the role of a Baker to prepare different types of bread and a wide range of pastries, like cookies, cakes and pies.
- Baker responsibilities include opening the bakery early in the morning, mixing dough, preparing fillings and glazing pastries. To be successful in this role, you should have work experience as a Baker and be able to decorate cakes using creative techniques.
- Ultimately, you will make sure we offer fresh and delicious goods to our customers on a daily basis.
- Open the bakery early in the morning
- Clean kitchen equipment and tools before use
- Weigh flour and other ingredients to prepare dough
- Bake different bread types, like pretzels, baguettes and multigrain breads
- Adjust oven temperatures to ensure proper baking
- Mix various ingredients to create fillings for cakes and pies (e.g. chocolate ganache, caramel sauce and fruits)
- Decorate cakes with glazes, icings, fondant, whipped cream, buttercream and edible toppings, like flowers
- Shape dough to prepare different types of pastries, including croissants, cookies and sweet rolls
- Prepare custom-made pastries based on customers’ preferences (e.g. birthday cakes)
- Recommend recipes to renew our menu and attract more customers (e.g. gluten-free or vegan desserts)
- Track food supplies and place orders, as needed
- Candidates should possess Bachelor’s Degree with at least 3 years work experience
- Certification from a culinary school is a plus
- Experience as a Baker, Pastry Chef or similar role
- Familiarity with all professional kitchen equipment, including mixers, blenders and dough sheeters
- Understanding of food safety practices
- Experience with cake decoration techniques
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to remain calm and focused in a fast-paced environment
- Team spirit, with a customer-focused attitude
- Flexibility to work in early morning shifts
- Candidates should stay on the island (Lekki precisely)
N70,000 / Month.
Application Closing Date
7th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualifed candidates should:
Click here to apply online