Job Alerts: Benefits and Credit Counselor at Navic Investment Company Limited
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Navic Investment Company Limited is an investment company, which is established to invest predominantly in the Nigerian listed securities with typically a mid-cap bias and cash, deposits products and senior debts, together with allocations to global listed securities. The investment objective of our Company is to provide investors with growing income stream and long term capital growth in excess of its benchmark (the S&P/ASX 300 Accumulation Index) over minimum five years investment periods. We provide investors with the opportunity to invest in an actively managed portfolio and offers them access to a portfolio of Nigerian and global listed securities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Benefits and Credit Counselor
Employment Type: Full-time
- Assisting employees/Clients with enrollment in benefits programs, such as health insurance and retirement savings.
- Assess clients’ overall financial situation by reviewing income, assets, debts, expenses, credit reports, or other financial information.
- Conducting presentations and meetings to explain benefits to Clients.
- Assess financial status of clients.
- Create debt management plans, spending plans, or budgets to assist clients to meet financial goals.
- Develop financial plans for clients.
- Calculate clients’ available monthly income to meet debt obligations.
- Prioritize client debt repayment to avoid dire consequences, such as bankruptcy or foreclosure or to reduce overall costs, such as by paying high-interest or short-term loans first.
- Develop financial plans for clients.
- Recommend strategies for clients to meet their financial goals, such as borrowing money through loans or loan programs, declaring bankruptcy, making budget adjustments, or enrolling in debt management plans.
- Recommend investments to clients.
- Interview clients to gather financial information.
- Explain general financial topics to clients, such as credit report ratings, bankruptcy laws, consumer protection laws, wage attachments, or collection actions.
- Educate clients on financial planning topics.
- Advise clients on housing matters, such as housing rental, homeownership, mortgage delinquency, or foreclosure prevention.
- Prepare written documents to establish contracts with or communicate financial recommendations to clients.
- Explain services or policies to clients, such as debt management program rules, the advantages and disadvantages of using services, or creditor concession policies.
- Explain regulations, policies, or procedures.
- Advise clients or respond to inquiries about financial matters in person or via phone, email, Web site, or Internet chat.
- Correspond with customers to answer questions or resolve complaints.
- Advise others on financial matters.
- Maintain or update records of client account activity, including financial transactions, counseling session notes, correspondence, document images, or client inquiries.
- Refer clients to social service or community resources for needs beyond those of credit or debt counseling.
- Estimate time for debt repayment given amount of debt, interest rates, and available funds.
- Compute debt repayment schedules.
- Negotiate with creditors on behalf of clients to arrange for payment adjustments, interest rate reductions, time extensions, or to set up payment plans.
- Negotiate agreements to resolve disputes.
- Liaising with insurance and savings providers on behalf of employees and the company.
- Answering questions or concerns from employees about their benefits.
- Accounting the total cost to company of various benefits options.
- Assisting with payroll.
- Ensuring that the company’s benefits policy complies with laws and regulations.
- Informing employees and clients of any changes to their benefits.
- Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Prior work in human resources, with benefits experience.
- Professional certification (such as CEBS, CMS, or GBA) is favourable
- Familiarity with payroll and benefits software.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- 4 – 20 years Experience.
Application Closing Date
18th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title and current location as the subject of the email which will determine selected applicant’s mode of interview invitation.
Note: Multiple Applications will lead to automatic disqualification of Applicant.