Job Alerts: CFM Assistant at the Community Health Justice and Peace Initiative for Development (JDPH) – 6 Openings
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Community Health Justice and Peace Initiative for Development (JDPH) is a National Non-Governmental Organization working in the Catholic province of Jos, aimed at uplifting the living standard of rural and urban communities through capacity building and rendering lifesaving interventions in partnership with communities for a better society and good governance. Over the years, we and our partners have continued to provide developmental and humanitarian assistance to the most vulnerable people in rural and crisis affected locations. We are committed to providing emergency relief services, empowering communities to be more resilient, embracing a culture of peaceful co-existence and social justice for all.
In accomplishing our objectives, the JDPH will be carrying out General Food Distributions (GFD) through Cash Based Transfers (CBT) and Blanket Supplementary Program (BSFP) in Fune LGA, of Yobe state. This is aimed at preventing already vulnerable House Holds from falling into starvation and malnutrition, focusing particularly on young children 6 – 23/24 months and pregnant and lactating women and girls (PLW/G).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: CFM Assistant
Job ID: JDPH/FSL/NT/2021/007
Location: Fune LGA, Yobe state
Employment Category: Contract
Open to Expatriates: No
- The CFM Assistant are to assist the Protection officer in ensuring that mechanisms are in place at all distribution points to strengthen the quality and accountability of emergency response as well as upholding the organization’s commitment towards Accountability to Affected People (AAP) standards, especially in regards to information sharing, beneficiaries’ participation, complaints and response mechanism.
Under the supervision of the Protection Officer, the CFMs will:
- Assist the Protection Officer in establishing and managing the complaint and feedback mechanism project.
- Receive complaints and feedback and respond to enquiries at the complaint desk at distribution sites.
- Ensure regular maintenance of complaints and feedback database/ information System and ensure information is shared on a regular basis.
- Carry out regular community feedback functions, ensuring that all SOPs and JDPH core policies are respected.
- Maintenance of an effective record and filing system for all complaints solved and pending issues including correspondences.
- Lodge all feedback, complaints and response in the CFM database.
- Support to ensure complaints are closed within the appropriate timeframe.
- Provide accurate information related to the subject beneficiary matter and other related ongoing activities.
- Ensure accurate recording of all the data related to the beneficiary.
- Submit internal, and accurate reports to the Protection Officer. The reports will be submitted weekly, or daily according to the urgency of the complaint; include monthly recommendations, if needed, to Program Manager as received.
- Follow-up and receive weekly feedback, and case status progress. Ensure all documents and actions taken are documented, and feedback is given back to the beneficiary.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required that may be assigned from time by supervisors.
- As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of JDPH safeguarding policies.
Qualifications And Experience
- A BA, HND, Certificate in Management, Social Research, Development Studies or other related field or comparable addition to experience.
- Experience Requirements: Minimum of 1-year proven experience in accountability especially feedback mechanisms concepts and international humanitarian quality standards.
- Candidates must be from Yobe state.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in implementation of accountability and complaints reporting mechanisms with an NGO in Nigeria.
- Experience in developing and/or managing complaints reporting mechanisms for food and cash transfer programs.
Technical Expertise, Skills And Knowledge:
- Understand key concepts and commitments regarding accountability to affected populations (AAP), including Strong understanding of HAP, Do No Harm and other relevant global standards.
- Ethical, focused on treating complainants/ community fairly and culturally sensitive.
- Innovative and solutions-oriented.
- Building collaborative relationships with beneficiaries and the community.
- Sound analytical, conceptual and strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent communication skills and experience in report writing.
- Understanding of monitoring processes, learning, adaptation and evaluation
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Language Skills: Fluency in written and spoken English and a good command of the Hausa language.
Application Closing Date
12pm 11th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post in English to: [email protected]
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Given the urgency of vacancy, the position may be filled before the due date.
- For general information about the JDPH, kindly visit our website on www.jdph.org