Job Alerts: Driver at the Atiku Institute for Development Initiatives (AIDIs) of the American University of Nigeria
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
Atiku Institute for Development Initiatives (AIDIs) of the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking for prospective candidates to fill in vacant position below in the Institute. The position is a local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria:
Job Title: Driver
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Nature of Employment: Fixed Term-Projects
Duration: One (1) Year (Renewable based on performance and funding)
Reporting Line: Report to the Office Assistant
Summary of Position
- The Driver will provide transportation services to AIDIs staff in a safe, courteous and timely manner
- He will support the operational and technical aspects of the program.
- The Driver is in charge of driving staff to various destinations.
- Provide logistics and administrative support to staff during workshop.
- Daily cleans vehicle and perform routine checks to ensure it has proper working tools.
- Refuels vehicle using an approved fuel voucher and records this on the vehicle log sheet
- Parks vehicle safely at designated place at the end of each working day not later than 6 pm, travels after 6pm must have prior approval of the VP/CEO.
- Ensure vehicle movement log book is filled accurately, timely and regularly.
- Report to the Supervisor and/or VP/CEO, accidents or issues involving AIDIs vehicles.
- Compliance with motor vehicle and travel policy of AUN/AIDIs regulations.
- Ensure vehicles have tool kit, jack, umbrella, first aid box, map, fire extinguishers etc.
- Any other duty as may be required from time to time by the supervisor.
- Minimum requirement of SSCE and Trade Test is an added advantage.
- At least 3-5 years working experience with International organization.
- Must have valid class B driver’s license.
- Certificate on professional driving and proficiency in Hausa is an added advantage.
- Experience of donor policy on driving and vehicle usage is an advantage
- Fulfil AIDIs Child Protection and PSEA Policies at all times to prevent children from all forms of child abuses.
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as per AIDIs salary scale.
Application Closing Date
18th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here (doc) to apply online and submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and references on a single file to: [email protected] in a word document or PDF format. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status. For information on AUN, visit our Web site at www.aun.edu.ng.