Job Alerts: Head of Programs at the Murtala Muhammed Foundation (MMF)
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
The Murtala Muhammed Foundation (MMF) is a not-for-profit organization founded with the mission of improving the living conditions of Africans by implementing projects contributing to the reduction of poverty, empowerment of women, elimination of conflict, development of rural-communities, and promotion of self-reliance and development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Programs
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: CEO
- The responsibilities of the Head of Programs provides leadership, coordination, seek funding and oversees all aspect of Programming in accordance to the Organisational goals and objectives.
Responsibilities and Functions
- Overall management of existing and new programs
- Expansion plan and strategy and design of new programs in accordance to the vision and Mission of the Foundation
- Map out plan to mentor, lead program officers as well as MMF Volunteer
- New strategy for MMF Programs and developing/approving budgets and operations for programs
- Develop an effective plan of action for running MMF programs from inception to completion
- Manage daily operations that support and implement our current program objectives
- Strategically map-out a program schedule and timeline, setting deadlines, milestones and processes per program
- Strategize and develop evaluation strategies to monitor and evaluate program performance and determine areas of improvement.
- Ensure all MMF program operations and activities are up to date with current Legal guidelines and policies.
- Prepare periodic reports and ensure complete and timely reporting of activities to MMF donor, and implementation partners and management.
- Suggest innovative plans and processes to improve program functions
- Develop work systems and processes that effectively drive productivity
- Seek out new and creative program ideas to implement
- Develop Strategic plan for the Foundation
- In charge of seeking for program expansions and implementation
- Funding Raising Strategy
- Seek International grants for new Programs
- Institutional review and stakeholder mapping
- Prepare and maintain budgets
- Set up and coordination of Advisory board
- Governance review
- Engagement of existing Board of Trustees
- Create structure and set up MedAssist Advisory Board
- Manage the social business of the Foundation
- Strategize on the growth plan for individual programs for sustainability and scale-up
- Branding and messaging strategy document and implementation plan
- Communication Strategy
- Full website Review and Management of MMF Social Media handles
- Build relationships on behalf of MMF with bilateral donors, international non-governmental organizations, implementation partners and other agencies relevant to the implementation of the MMF programs.
- Attend meetings, conferences, workshops and humanitarian events, on behalf of MMF
- Master’s degree in International Development Studies or any related course
- At least 2 years proven experience as Head of Program or similar position
- 6-9years of experience in programs development in an INGO/NGO
- Strong Business Acumen/Strategic thinking
- Grant management experience with knowledge of the grant sourcing/submission processes of major humanitarian and development donors.
- Knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and key metrics.
- Working knowledge of MS office and Strong management and organization skills, very good knowledge of project management software and support operations.
- Experience in donors and partnership relationships, representation with a wide range of organizations and stakeholders.
- Proven and well-developed influencing and relationship-building skills in dealing with stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrable highly developed written and oral communication skills, including strong presentation skills.
Application Closing Date
15th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear back from us in 2weeks, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.