Job Alerts: HR and Admin Assistant at Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy non-profit organization that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR and Admin Assistant
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- The Human Resources (HR) and Admin Assistant will support the Finance and Administrative Associate in running the Country office including Procurement, Recruitment and Replacement of Employee, Performance Management, and Training.
- He / she must be well-organized when performing administrative and strategic hiring duties to ensure compliance to IPA policies and processes.
- He / she also has the crucial task of ensuring that IPA HR policies and procedures comply with all State and Federal Labour regulations.
- He / she must manage and update relevant office files
- Assist the Finance and Admin Associate in the running of Nigeria office operations;
- Welcome visitors to the office and manage the IPA office phone;
- Manage office cleaners;
- Support the coordination of logistics for visitors and traveling staff;
- Conduct office tours for new staff and interns, and assist with onboarding as directed;
- File documents as directed by the Finance and Admin Associate;
- Assist with inventory management and stock-taking as assigned;
- Provide logistical and administrative support to project teams as and when required;
- Monitor the stock of office supplies and stationaries, and purchase additional items as needed;
- Prepare finance and procurement requests for country office purchases and utility bills;
- Handle office repairs and maintenance by seeking necessary approvals and coordinating with service providers;
- Support the implementation of safety and security policies and procedures as directed by the Country Director; and
- Coordinate logistics for staff meetings, conferences, office lunch and other fun activities; take and share notes at staff meetings.
Human Resource Support:
- Support the recruitment of staff; Processing and filing of contracts and staff records.
- Manage staff onboarding activities.
- Management of the contracts database for all staff.
- Management of field team rosters.
- Management of consultancy contracts.
- Manage staff insurance renewals and ID card management.
- Organize country office trainings and knowledge events.
- Keep abreast with changes in. HR laws and regulations and advice the Country Office Management; and
- Support the organization of fun / wellness activities.
- Prepare technical specifications for request for proposal, including terms, conditions and evaluation criteria.
- Work with suppliers to obtain quotations, and direct other IPA staff in obtaining quotations.
- Review quotations and procurement forms with respect to quality, accuracy, suitability, delivery and pricing.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records and documentation on all solicitations, responses, purchases, contracts, correspondence and related follow up;
- Expedite outstanding purchase orders to ensure delivery requirements are met.
- Coordinate and resolve problems with suppliers.
- Ensure that all procurement is in compliance with IPA standard practices.
- Ensure that the vendor database is regularly updated and used in the selection of vendors;
- Prepare and develop bid documents, supplier bid lists to obtain competitive quotations on goods and services; and
- Work with the Finance and Admin Associate and Country Director to create and continuously improve Procurement systems
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar position
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- A Professional certification e.g. SHRM, CHRMP SPHRi/PHRi, CIPD
- Conversance with the Nigeria labour laws
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
Application Closing Date
11th March, 2021
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- Though the deadline to apply is 11th March 2021, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Due to high volume of applications received, IPA will only contact shortlisted candidates.