Job Alerts: ICT Coordinator at the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT Coordinator
Job ID: 1541
Reports to: Head of Support
Level: Grade Level 7 Step 1 (Nigerian National)
Travel: Travel to other implementing Locations is expected
Commencement: 1st June, 2021
Supervision of: ICT Officer, ICT Technical Assistant
Travel: % TBD
Project number: NGFP0000
Duration and Type of contract: Till 31st December, 2021 (with possibility of renewal)
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015 in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Yola Area Office, Field Offices in Borno and Adamawa states, start-up implemention phase on vocational training, livelihoods and peacebuilding focused grant in Plateau State and and a coordination office in Abuja.
- NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Livelihoods & Food Security (LFS); Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA), Education and Camp Management Camp Coordination (CCCM) in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
- NRC is looking for an ICT Coordinator for our country mission based in Maiduguri North-east Nigeria. The purpose of the ICT Coordinator position is to implement ICT standards & policies, global digital transformation strategy and quality support on technological solutions in line with Plan of Action for NRC Nigeria.
- The ICT Coordinator reports to the Head of Support – Maiduguri with technical management by the Regional ICT Coordinator.
- An approved health certificate will be requested before the contract start!
- NRC conducts a full background check on all candidates.
Role and Responsibilities
- The ICT Coordinator is accountable for all ICT operations in the country, for implementing ICT standards and policies, as well as NRCs global digital transformation strategy.
- They ensure quality support is given to colleagues and advise on the technological solutions to best address the needs of the organization, with support from the team under their supervision. Further to collaborate with the Core Competencies (Programmes) to meet NRC’s ambition to become a leader in the use of technology to deliver better.
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development plan.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Ensure anti..corruption, transparency and cost efficiency principles in all processes
- Adheres to and supports the implementation of NRC ICT policies and procedures, handbooks and guidelines
- Assists the implementation of the global ICT strategy
- Collaborates with counterparts in the CWA region and the Technical Line on regional ICT initiatives
- Establishes and maintains collaboration with NRC’s core competency leads (Programmes). Advises on technological solutions and hardware
- Deploys and guarantees availability, smooth operation and optimum use of the ICT Infrastructure, resources and services within the country: Internet connections (fibre, radio, VSAT), access to cloud applications, data storage and backup on the Cloud (0365), Cisco Meraki networks, UPS and backup power systems, security of ICT installations (air conditioning, electricity, physical access), desktop computers and laptops, smartphones, software and mobile applications
- Enforces data protection and ICT security policies within the country
- Identifies, proposes, plans and implements actions to streamline ICT operations in the country
- Performs periodic control visits to all sites in the country and plans ICT optimizations
- Accountable for monitoring and updating the ICT inventory with the Logistics Department
- Supervises the country’s ICT team, participates in performance appraisals in collaboration with HR and Area Managers
- Establishes the annual IT budget in collaboration with the Technical Line and the Finance Department
- Provides staff training on the use of ICT resources, best practices for document management and IT security
- By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments / units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Head of Support, Areas Managers, Logistics Manager, Helpdesk (Oslo)
- Head of Programmes, Core Competency Specialists
- Area Managers
- Security Manager
Scale and Scope of Position:
- Staff: Technical line management of 3 ICT Assistants in different Area offices
- Stakeholders: ETC, INGOs, local NGOs, governmental bodies
- Information: ICT strategy and policies, Intranet, Workplace, peers in the Region, technical line
- Legal or compliance: ISPs, NRC Terms of Employment, NRC Code of Conduct, NRC Policies, NRC security
- Standard Operating Procedures
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
- General professional competencies:
- At least 3 years’ experience as a Senior ICT Officer or Coordinator, preferably in a humanitarian setting
- Proven experience in computer systems and network administration
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Team management
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Training skills, clear written and verbal communication
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Good knowledge of the local humanitarian and security context
- ICT Degree or equivalent
- Context / Specificskills, Knowledge and experience:
- In-depth knowledge of the Office 365 suite
- Designing and managing IP networks, Bandwith optimization and high availability techniques.
- Knowledge of installation, configuration and maintenance of HF and VHF radios is an asset.
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s competency framework states 12 behavioral competencies and the following are essential for this position:
- Working with people
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Initiating action and change
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with hte NRC performance management manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The work and development plan
- The Mid-term / End of trial period Performance Review Tem,plate
- The End-term Performance Review Template
- The NRC Competency Framework.
Application Closing Date
14th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Applications have to be in English and submitted through this unified post on the online portal
- To apply as an internal candidate, remember to click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site
- All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s values. To be dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable are attitudes and beliefs that shall guide our actions and relationships.
- To get more details about this role click Here