Job Alerts: Laboratory Manager at a New Private Medical Diagnostic Center
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
A new Private Medical Diagnostic Center in the heart of Port Harcourt, Rivers State is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Manager
Location: Port-Harcourt, Rivers
- Supervise performance of a range of clinical laboratory tests and analysis on biological samples.
- Supervise performance of standard procedures according to established protocols.
- Monitor implementation and maintenance of ISO 15189 standard.
- Ensure staff safely follow laboratory and procedure protocols.
- Oversee Utilization, calibration, configuration and/or troubleshooting of laboratory testing systems and instruments.
- Analyze, verify and manipulate laboratory data.
- Adhere to time and priority management.
- Supervise, train, and evaluate staff.
- Provide effective communication with effective interpersonal skills.
- Write and speak clearly and concisely.
- Ensure staff safely work with, properly store or eliminate various laboratory reagents, chemicals, media and other lab materials.
- Ensure staff safely operate laboratory equipment with good hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Maintain and assist with order and inventory of equipment, supplies and reagents for the lab.
- Perform literature searches using computers and databases.
- Understand and use computer databases in managing the LIMS.
- Work with the Quality Manager to plan and conduct internal audits as well as external audits
- Perform as a team member and foster a cooperative team environment.
- Report to the COO
- Maintain records of tests examination; plot or chart results according to approved procedures.
- Supervise hiring, training and scheduling of work assignments for all operational and support staff
- Manage and direct the daily operations of the laboratory.
- Manage sample transportation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Science (BMLS) with a current annual practicing license
- 5+ years of progressive management or supervisory experience
- 10+ years of post-graduation experience as a Medical Laboratory Scientist
- Experience in medical laboratory accreditation is an advantage
- Evidence of Management training or MBA is an advantage
- Must be trained on the 12 Essentials of Medical Laboratory Quality Management System
- Must be trained on Logistics and Supply chain Management
- Training on biosafety and Infection Control is an advantage
- Effective data trending, document control, and technical bench skills
- Strong problem-solving, training, team building, and mentoring abilities
- Leadership and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Implementation of ISO 15189.
Remuneration / Benefits
- Remuneration is attractive
- Pension available
- Individual and family health Insurance available
- Good work environment.
Application Closing Date
12pm; 27th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send in a Cover Letter with CV as PDF or Word document to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Interview holds the following week for shortlisted candidates.
- Subject of the email must be title of the job as stated, to be considered.
- Qualified Medical Laboratory Scientists not residing in Port-Harcourt, who are willing to relocate, are encouraged to apply.