Job Alerts: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager at the North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria – 2 Openings
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
The North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria – An International Development Organization is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager
Locations: Kafanchan – Kaduna, Jos – Plateau
- The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager is responsible for the overall design, development and implementation of the NLCB monitoring and evaluation system.
- S/he supervises a team of M&E officers and Assistants who will gather, analyze, and process complex information related to all aspects of program activity implementation.
- The incumbent carries out his/her work according to an established standard operating procedure for collecting data, monitoring project progress and measuring program inputs/outputs. This position will be based at Kafanchan or Jos, with program activities expected to be carried out in the North West/Central states. Travel is expected.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager reports to the Deputy Chief of Party – Programs, with a communication line to USAID/OTI – DCR. S/He will supervise the M&E Officers and Assistant at the field offices.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate weekly meetings with M&E team to determine priority tasks. Ensure the M&E team is aware of and up to date on all M&E tasks and reports.
- Develop and supervise the implementation of innovative data collection techniques and tools, including working with external service providers to develop other relevant management information systems.
- Train program teams to use data collection tools and techniques, including ongoing mentoring and support.
- Keep up-to-date on developments in monitoring systems, including the use of mobile tools for data collection.
- Provide guidance and oversee site visits by M&E Officers and Monitoring and Reporting Assistants during the project implementation phase for each grant in assigned areas.
- Review the “routine monitoring report” (RMR) according to an approved template for each site visit prior to the indicator verification visit.
- Accurately interpret Bills of Quantities (BoQ) and grant database file shared by head office to determine indicators according which the Officer will be evaluating projects.
- Review “final evaluation reports” (FER) based on prescribed format after visiting a grant site for verification of indicators.
- Identify lessons learned, constraints, and project impacts based on determined theme and/or sector for inclusion in FERs, and communicate them in a timely manner to the Senior Management Team.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for Grants Office when developing impact assessments, success stories and weekly reporting.
- Serve as primary point of contact for Grants Office when additional information is needed to close grants.
- Supervise comprehensive analysis of based on history of site visits; present findings to the DCOP and Senior Management Team in a concise and professional manner.
- Manage cluster evaluation processes, including liaising with external stakeholders and service providers, contributing to the creation of terms of reference and evaluation guidelines, and ensure that baseline studies are conducted for activities when appropriate and that information is stored for future use.
- Design and implement a system to identify, analyze, document and disseminate lessons learned from activities and clusters. Share evaluation results with all activity management teams and ensure that lessons from evaluations are incorporated into the development of all new activities.
- Represent the program positively and professionally in both internal and external environments.
- Perform other tasks, as assigned by the DCOP-Programs or the Chief of Party.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- University degree in International Development, Social Science, Economics, or related field is required.
- Five years’ experience in the management of field monitoring, evaluation design, empirical and statistical analysis, management information systems and/or information management design is required.
- Prior experience managing a diverse team of professionals.
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. is required.
- Strong analytical skills are required.
- Prior experience with USAID or US Government funded projects is highly desirable.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow up on tasks to completion is required.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria is preferable.
Application Closing Date
25th January, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents below to: [email protected] Please reference the Job Title and Location on the subject line, your cover letter and Resume/CV.
- A current Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing all their work experience and qualifications; AND
- A cover letter.