Job Alerts: National Individual Contractor – Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTD) Control at the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: National Individual Contractor – Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTD) Control
Job no: 538056
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Contract type: Consultancy
Work Assignment Overview
Produce a detailed workplan for the consultancy, call for proposals from NOCP and 12 States, carry out supervision of field activities, consolidate WASH/NTD convergence activities using the new flipchart in 4 new States, facilitate the import of 2021 Mectizan donation to Nigeria. Attend Programme related meetings and supervision activities as approved by the Chief of WASH. Expand convergence activities in 3 additional States, draft guidelines and training manuals on WASH/NTDs.
Produce a monthly progress report.
||February, March, April (1st quarter)||Monthly remuneration|
Facilitate the drafting of a new funding proposal for 2022, continue draft guidelines and training manuals on WASH/NTDs, carry out advocacy and programme monitoring visits to states as approved by Chief of WASH, facilitate the capacity strengthening of State and community implementers.
Facilitate 2021 MAM in 12 assisted States, Foster collaboration between UNICEF and NGDOs, attend relevant national and state programme related meetings as may be approved by the Chief of WASH, produce monthly progress report.
Conclude Onchocerciasis Epidemiological Evaluations in 5 States, , produce Monthly progress report.
||May, June, July (2nd quarter)||Monthly remuneration|
Capacity strengthening on identified programme needs of State and community implementers done, internal review and final funding proposals from NOCP and 12 States submitted,
Conclude Oncho. Epidemiological Evaluations in 5 States, attend programme related meetings and other assignments as approved by the Supervisor and Chief of WASH,
Liaise with FMoH and quantify Mectizan requirements for 2022. Monthly progress report submitted.
||August, September, October (3rd quarter)||Monthly remuneration|
Facilitate the preparation of 2022 workplans with States and FMoH, Carry out end of year programme related meetings as may be approved by the Chief of WASH, monthly progress report submitted.
Attend NGDO Coalition / Technical Review Committee meetings as may be approved by the Chief of WASH, carry out end of year monitoring and supervision of field activities. Monthly progress report submitted.
Facilitate end of year review meeting, carry out Internal review and final funding proposals from NOCP and 12 States submitted
Produce Final report.
||November, December||Monthly remuneration|
Application Closing Date
19th February, 2021. W. Central Africa Standard Time
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information / Notice
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
- UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority, and discrimination.
- UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles.
- All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history.
- Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.