Job Alerts: Office Assistant (Yola) at the Atiku Institute for Development Initiatives (AIDIs) of the American University of Nigeria
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
Atiku Institute for Development Initiatives (AIDIs) of the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking for prospective candidates to fill in vacant position below in the Institute. The position is a local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria:
Job Title: Office Assistant
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Nature of Employment: Fixed Term-Projects
Duration: One (1) Year (Renewable based on performance and funding)
Reporting Line: Report to the Senior Program Officer
Summary of Position
- The Office Assistant will provide general administrative and clerical support for the project during trainings and workshops. S/he will also provide logistical support by arranging program logistics needs.
- Support in the coordination of office management, activities and programs in project office.
- Carry out filing of relevant materials and project documents.
- Provide administrative support to program teams based in the project communities.
- Tracking and ensuring participants in training events sign attendance.
- Conducting and reporting pre-training venue inspections and work with hotel staff to prepare venues as required.
- Coordinate transport of training equipment and materials to venues ready for use.
- Tracking project pending actions, including following-up/reminding concerned staff.
- Update project operations files and staff contact list.
- Providing logistics and other support to program implementation
- Any other duty as may be required from time to time by the supervisor.
- Degree in Social, Business Management, Public Administration, or equivalents.
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant work experience with an NGO.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as per AIDIs salary scale.
Application Closing Date
18th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here (doc) to apply online and submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and references on a single file to: [email protected] in a word document or PDF format. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status. For information on AUN, visit our Web site at www.aun.edu.ng.