Job Alerts: Procurement / Logistics Assistant at the Community Health Justice and Peace Initiative for Development (JDPH)
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Community Health Justice and Peace Initiative for Development (JDPH) is National Non-Governmental Organization in Nigeria with Head office in Jos and branch office in Borno State. We respond to the critical needs in Food Security and Livelihood, Water and sanitation Hygiene (WASH), Nutrition, Protection, Peace and conflict Transformation. JDPH hopes to alleviate poverty and social injustice by carrying out skill acquisition trainings, supporting Income Generating activities, Food Security and Livelihood support to communities in need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement / Logistics Assistant
Requisition ID: JDPH/NJR/2021/003
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Category: Contract
Open to Expatriates: No
Purpose of the Position
- We are looking for a Procurement Assistant to oversee purchasing activities and ensure that purchased items are both cost-efficient and of high quality. The Procurement Assistant’s responsibilities include maintaining positive supplier relations, evaluating supply options, approving purchases, and maintaining accurate records.
Procurement Officer Responsibilities
- Overseeing and supervising all activities of the purchasing department.
- Preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies.
- Following and enforcing the company’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Reviewing, comparing, analyzing, and approving products and services to be purchased.
- Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
- Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
- Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts.
- Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
- Preparing budgets, cost analyses, and reports.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Degree in accounting, business management or a similar field preferred.
- 2+ years of experience as in a similar position.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Good analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Supervisory and management experience.
- Attention to detail.
Application Closing Date
11th January, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.
- All applications should be sent in English
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Please note: that given the urgency of vacancy, the position may be filled before the due date.
- For general information about the JDPH, kindly visit our website on www.jdph.org