Job Alerts: Production Assistant and Camera Operator at a Prestigious TV Station – HR Leverage Africa
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
HR Leverage Africa – Our client, a prestigious TV station based in Abuja is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Assistant and Camera Operator
Employment Type: Full-time
- Production Assistant and Camera Operator reporting to the Head of Production is charged with the responsibility of capturing and recording all aspects of a scene for television.
- The incumbent will use principles of lighting, staging, focusing and filtering to achieve a specific visual look for broadcast television or motion pictures. Camera operators usually also have a strong creative streak.
- Work with Head of production to determine all aspects of shots
- Provide practical and creative input to production planning
- Select, assemble and position equipment (cameras, stands, software etc.)
- Prepare cameras and test angles or camera movements
- Shoot scenes according to requirements
- Capture quality footage from a fixed or moving position
- Collaborate with make-up artists, lighting and sound staff to produce the best final effect
- Resolve technical or practical issues
- Edit footage as needed
- Practise the camera moves required for pre-arranged shots
- Find solutions to technical or other practical problems (for an outside broadcast, for example, the natural light conditions need to be taken into account when setting up shots)
- Be prepared to innovate and experiment with ideas
- Work quickly, especially as timing is such an important factor
- Take sole responsibility in situations where only one camera operator is involved in the filming
- Keep up to date with filming methods and equipment
- Repair and maintain equipment
- Demonstrate a good awareness of health and safety issues
- Any other duty as may be assigned by management.
- BSc or HND in Film Studies, Cinematography or related field.
- Proven work experience as a Camera Operator and Production assistant
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience.
Application Closing Date
7th January, 2021.