Job Alerts: Quality Manager at a New Private Medical Diagnostic Center
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
A new Private Medical Diagnostic Center in the heart of Port Harcourt, Rivers State, seeks to employ for the position below:
Job Title: Quality Manager
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers State
- Develop and maintain a Quality Management system for the lab
- Development/periodic review of lab Quality Management system and relevant documents (including SOPs)
- Update and maintain documents needed for the Lab Quality, i.e., Quality SOPs that support the Quality Management system
- Maintain working knowledge of up-to-date applicable guidelines and regulations related to Medical Laboratory Quality Management System
- Report proposed changes to policies & procedures to the Management team for consideration
- Development of QA/QC activities plan and other relevant documents for lab departments to ensure all lab activities are in line with its quality policies and relevant guidelines
- Ensures that data are recorded, analyzed, and recoded in accordance with protocols and relevant standards
- Ensure proper maintenance of Lab documentation databases and systems in accordance with the lab’s quality policies and relevant guidelines / standards.
- Coordinate EQA, internal audits and external audits as needed, to ensure ongoing compliance with SOPs and regulatory requirements
- Coordinate periodic SOP review/approval process for lab departments
- Develop and share reports on QA/QC activities, internal/external audit results detailing key observations and Corrective and Preventive actions (CAPA)
- Implement CAPA plans for any deficiencies identified following an internal or external audit
- Develop and provide comprehensive Lab Quality Training for all staff
- Conduct quality training as needed for new staff
- Ensures proper maintenance of all lab controlled documents, to include databases and systems in accordance to relevant guidelines and ISO 15189
- Conduct regular quality meetings to review quality control documents, quality assurance and improvement plans
- Work with the IT team in ensuring documentation supporting software system validation is current and that documentation demonstrating IT related vendor and contractor qualification audits and approvals are current
- Track and support implementation of the Laboratory Annual Audit Plans as needed to ensure ongoing compliance with regulations, standards and guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Science (Bmls) with a current annual practicing license or biological sciences.
- 5+ years QA, Bio analytical experience, or related expertise in support of laboratory, manufacturing, clinical research, pharmaceuticals, biologics or medical devices industry
- Must be trained on the 12 Essentials of Medical Laboratory Quality Management System
- 5+ years of post NYSC experience as a Medical Laboratory Scientist
- Training in Medical laboratory assessment or auditing desired
- Experience in medical laboratory accreditation is an advantage
- Auditing skills
- Attention to details
- Time management
- Project planning
- Organizational skills
- Understanding of Westgard rules and Levey Jennings chart
Remuneration / Benefits
- Remuneration is attractive
- Pension available
- Individual and family health Insurance available
- Good work environment.
Application Closing Date
12pm; 27th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send in a Cover Letter with CV as PDF or Word document to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Interview holds the following week for shortlisted candidates.
- Subject of the email must be title of the job as stated, to be considered.
- Qualified Medical Laboratory Scientists not residing in Port-Harcourt, who are willing to relocate, are encouraged to apply.