Job Alerts: Software Development Engineer at Ikore International Development Limited
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Ikore is an international development organization, offering innovative solutions to drive sustainable social and enterprise development. We work in hard-to-reach, economically deprived places across Nigeria and Africa, providing solutions that support inefficient markets and communities.
We seek to employ a dynamic and innovative person who has experience working in different Value chains across Nigeria and Africa. Someone who can work collectively with host communities, design home-grown solutions that improve the livelihood and resilience of the communities. (www.ikore.org).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Development Engineer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
- Livestock Disease Surveillance Knowledge Integration (LIDISKI) has a global objective of improving the livelihoods of smallholder livestock farmers in Nigeria in the face of climate change and aims at improving food security and increasing the revenue of the targeted population.
- One of the objectives of LIDISKI is to design and implement sustainable PPR and ND surveillance and control strategies in the context of climate change. This will reduce disease burden, and therefore directly contribute to increasing food security and women empowerment, reducing poverty, and strengthening the resilience of the poorest people. (www.lidiski.org)
- Ikore is an international development organization, offering innovative solutions to drive sustainable social and enterprise development. We work in hard-to-reach, economically deprived places across Nigeria and Africa, providing solutions that support inefficient markets and communities.
- One of the Lidiski project tasks consists in developing a modeling and simulation tool to design and test surveillance and control strategies of two animal diseases strongly impacting the livelihood of small farmers in Nigeria, Peste des Petits Ruminants (PPR), and Newcastle Disease (ND).
- In close collaboration with researchers in epidemiological modeling and computer engineering, the engineer will contribute to the development of a new participatory modeling and simulation tool.
- More specifically, she/he will participate in the development of the Irritator software (https://github.com/vle-forge/irritator). Irritator is new general modeling and simulation software for complex dynamical systems. It is based on the knowledge gained after nearly 15 years of development and application of the Virtual Laboratory Environment (VLE) (https://github.com/vle-forge/vle).
- Irritator adopts a new introspection approach to debugging and live programming inspired by video game development. It is intended to work on PCs and smartphones.
- Development of a participatory modeling and simulation tool, agile approach to modeling.
- Producing clean, efficient code based on specifications
- Gather and evaluate user feedback
- Designing and developing software systems using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and design consequences.
- Preparing reports on programming project specifications, activities, or status.
- Conferring with project managers to obtain information on limitations or capabilities.
- Identify ideas to improve system performance and impact availability
Required Skills and Experience
- Degree in Computer Science or any related course
- Proven experience as a Software Developer,Software Engineer, or similar role
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Must be a full-stack developer and understand concepts of software engineering.
- Video games or real-time development skills
- Continuous integration tools such as Travis or Github actions.
- Versioning: Git
- Programming: C++20, ImGui, bash/powershell
- Applied mathematics skills are appreciated.
- Openness towards modeling and simulation.
- Language: English.
- Proficient in Data modeling and data structures.
Application Closing Date
13th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Application letter to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Include Software Development Engineer in the email subject line and include salary expectations in your application letter.