Job Alerts: Software Engineer 1 at Growth in Value Alliance (GVA) Partners Limited
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners is a business advisory and market intelligence services firm. Our objectives are to assist organizations to achieve their growth aspirations by providing market intelligence, strategy blueprint, IT solution delivery expertise and business operation improvement capabilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Engineer 1
- Full stack web development
- Gather user requirements, write code using an agile methodology, and continuously update the back-end code of the product
- Work in an experienced software design team
- Report directly to lead software engineer
- Assist with all functions of software coding and design
- Learn codebase, gather user data and respond to requests from senior software engineers
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly, and capable of working in a team environment
- A good working knowledge of basic programming languages
- Assisting lead engineer with all aspects of software design and coding.
- Attending and contributing to software delivery meetings.
- Learning the codebase and improving your coding skills.
- Writing and maintaining code.
- Working on minor bug fixes.
- Monitoring the technical performance of internal systems.
- Gathering information from consumers about program functionality.
- Writing reports.
- Conducting development tests.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Lead Software Engineer.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline
- Knowledge of databases and operating systems
- Excellent basic knowledge about Information Technology from both a software and hardware perspective
- Up to 3 years of professional programming experience using Microsoft stack
- Relevant professional certification
Skills / Competencies
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with database technology such as MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle and MongoDB.
- Basic programming experience.
- Knowledge of databases and operating systems.
- Good working knowledge of version control system using gitflow.
- Ability to learn new software and technologies quickly.
- Ability to follow instructions and work in a team environment.
- Software testing and debugging
- Ability to make sound and logical security judgments.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Able to conduct research into issues as required
Application Closing Date