Job Alerts: WASH Specialist / State Coordinator at Green Habitat Initiative (GHI)
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Green Habitat Initiative (GHI) is a non-profit non-governmental organization promoting the achievement of SDG 6 (clean water) and SDG 11 (sustainable cities and communities) in Nigeria. Incorporated in 2016 in Nigeria, GHI has worked in various sectors such as environmental sustainability, urban planning, sustainable urban development, urban agriculture, social urban innovations, architecture, WASH, solid waste management, recycling activities, environmental activism, etc.
GHI has worked with various local and international partners such as VINNOVA Group Sweden, French Institute Nigeria, Energies 2050, Embassies of Germany, France and Czech, The Water Mechanics, Baze University, One Environment, Stop Don’t Drop, etc. to deliver its projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WASH Specialist / State Coordinator
Locations: Kebbi / Sokoto
Tenure: 10 Months
Job Type: Contract Full Time
About the Project
- GHI is implementing the Project for Improved Sustainability of Integrated WASH Services (I-WASH) project in Kebbi and Sokoto states in collaboration with USAID.
- The project components involve integrating WASH-WRM and watershed studies for the associated catchments in the region.
- The activities will include provision of integrated WASH facilities, watershed studies of the river basins associated with the 4 states, remote monitoring of the WASH facilities and community advocacy. Expected start date is March 2021.
- The WASH Specialist will report to the DCOP of the project resident in Kebbi or Sokoto, who is also an employee of GHI but shall equally work very closely with other project staff for effective coordination and communication.
- The WASH Specialist will, therefore, be responsible for all outcomes and result under outcome.
- The WASH specialist shall provide senior level leadership in project management, technical guidance to WASH-related activities, including development and implementation of the Project’s WASH strategy.
- Effective management and coordination with other project staff, particularly other key experts of the project in the State.
- Submit monthly progress reports or any other reports as may be required by the project to the Head of WASH services of GHI.
- Be innovative and creative in the implementation process of the project in the State.
- Work in collaboration with State government officials with a view to ensuring their State aspirations for improved WASH services in the States are met.
- Effective coordination and communication with the DCOP in the job location and GHI Head Office in Abuja and the project donor (USAID) on matters of the project that will ensure successful delivery of the project in the State.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Civil Engineering, Environmental Science or other related discipline.
- WASH Specialist should have at least 3 years’ experience.
- A knowledge and experience of work with or no USAID supported projects.
- Must have adequate knowledge of the environment, be proficient in Hausa and English Language. Must be proficient in computer skills, especially in MS-Office.
Application Closing Date
26th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We will recruit once we find the right candidate, so we strongly advise you to submit your applications as soon as possible.