Job Alerts: Welder at Alfred and Victoria Associates
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Welder (Welding Horizontal and Vertical Tank)
Location: Ogba, Ikeja – Lagos
- The Engineers assist in fabricating, repairing, and modifying various tanks, including material containers and tanks for fluid or ground storage, by welding and completing other processes associated with welding such as grinding, buffing, and chipping.
- Reading blueprints and drawings and taking measurements to plan layout and procedures.
- Determining the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements.
- Setting up components for welding according to specifications.
- Welds metal parts together, using both gas [Welder, Gas ] or brazing [Brazer, Assembler ] any combination of arc processes [Welder, Arc ].
- Performs related tasks, like thermal cutting grinding.
- Repairs broken or cracked parts, fills holes, and increases size of metal parts.
- May locate and repair cracks in industrial engine cylinder heads, using inspection equip-ment gas torch, and be designated Repairer, Cylinder Heads .
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- SMAW – flat, vertical, horizontal, and overhead positions
- FCAW gas shielded and self-shielded wire – flat, vertical, horizontal, and overhead positions.
- Oxy/acetylene or oxy/propylene torch work.
- Academic Qualification: High school diploma
- Certification in Trade test.
- 2 to 5 years of similar experience of progressive responsibility
- Experience with discipline-specific industry standards (API, ASME, AWWA, NACE, ACI, etc.)
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Proven experience as welder
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MMA etc.)
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
- Deftness and attention to detail
- Successful completion of a relevant apprenticeship program is required
- Professional Certification (e.g. an AWS welding certificate) will be a plus.
Application Closing Date
19th February, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Any application received after the above time will be automatically rejected.