MENA Digital Summer School 2022 for graduate students and young entrepreneurs (Fully Funded to Berlin and North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany)
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Application Deadline: July 6th, 2022
If you are a successful graduate students and young entrepreneurs between the age of 20 – 40 who show particular promise in their respective fields of endeavor, this call can be interesting for you.
The MENA Digital Summer School is a hybrid seminar on digital transformation targeting aspiring innovators from the MENA region in the field of digital transformation. The course aims at providing MENA relevant best of class learning. It uses cases and business contacts that will enable digital managers of the region to develop their transformation projects, initiatives, and policies successfully. MENA DSS brings together like-minded people from different crafts and professional backgrounds.
The course will include practical modules on data management, machine learning, strategic planning, design and management methods, transformation management, technical foresight, smart cities, as well as tackling socio-economic issues of digitization in the MENA region. Moreover, field visits to communities and sessions with experts and leaders in the spheres of business, politics, economy, culture, academia, and media in
Germany are offered. The course will also provide electives that relate to the projects/aspirations of the participants (e.g. MENA-platform strategies, digital culture, women in tech-networks, and more).
The seminar is organized by the Candid Foundation and supported by the Chancellery of the State of North Rhine Westphalia, Einstein Centre Digital Future in Berlin, FernUniversität in Hagen, Germany’s leading distance
learning university and the Digital Arabia Network (DAN), a lab for the digital future of the Arab world, which extends from the MENA region to the European diaspora. Parts of the program are contributed by the Center for
Advanced Internet Studies (CAIS), Bochum.
- Format: hybrid program (online and in-person modules)
- Online Teaching dates: September 7-10, 2022 (3-4 days)
- In person program starts: Sept 25, 2022 (7 days)
- In person program ends: October 3, 2022
Location: Germany (Berlin and North Rhine-Westphalia)
- Participants of the MENA Digital Summer School will be particularly successful graduate students and young entrepreneurs between the age of 20 and 40, who show particular promise in their respective fields of endeavour.
- Applicants shall be nationals of the following states and currently reside in their country of origin or another state of the MENA region (Middle East & North Africa): Mauritania, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, Sudan, Yemen, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Palestinian Territories, Iraq, Djibouti, Comoros, member states of the GCC). Participants are expected to apply with a project idea for digital innovation.
- The scholarship covers course participation, flight costs, as well as accommodation and travel costs during the in-person module in Germany.
- Selection Criteria
- This is a highly selective two-stage admission process. Applicants passing the first stage will be invited to a short online interview on July 7-8. Admission cannot be guaranteed even if candidates fulfil all legal requirements. Even in case of an admission, the Candid Foundation cannot guarantee a visa and does not assume any liability or warranty
For More Information: