YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
This article is a guide on how to check if your National ID Card is ready in Nigeria.
Due to various reasons, the National ID Card takes a long time before getting ready. Maybe the process of making the permanent e-ID card is cumbersome for the Government to handle. The bottom line is oftentimes than not, Nigerians will have to wait and wait and some even end up forgetting about the ID card altogether.
You can save yourself from the hassle by just simply knowing when your National ID Card is ready for pick up. The National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) is the governing body in charge of the National e-ID card.
How to Check if Your National ID Card is Ready in Nigeria
Follow the below simple steps to check the status of your National ID Card;
- Visit the NIMC official website portal www.touch.nimc.gov.ng/
- Scroll down to the “Quick Links Menu” and click on “Check Your Card Status”
- Enter the following details; your First name, Last name and National Identification Number (NIN).
- Click on the “Check Now” button and when for the status of your National ID Card to show.
How to locate a Registration Centre for my National ID Card
Registration centre or Enrollment centre is an important piece of the whole National ID Card process. This is where you apply for both your National ID Card and National Identification Number.
And when your National ID Card is ready, the card will be sent to that particular enrollment centre where you registered. The NIMC has ensured to provide at least an enrollment centre in each of the 774 Local Government offices in Nigeria. To find an enrollment centre closest to you, visit the location centre of the NIMC www.nimc.gov.ng/nimc-enrolment-centres/
What is my National Identification Number (NIN)
The National Identification Number is a series of unique numbers issued by the National Identity Management Commission to a successful enrolled individual. The number is usually generated randomly and will be designated to the individual for life. All legal residents and citizens of Nigeria are eligible to apply for the National Identification Number.
How to check/retrieve your National Identification Number (NIN)
If for some reasons, you have forgotten your National Identification Number, you can retrieve it back by following the below steps;
- Make sure you use the same phone number registered to that National ID number.
- Dial *346# and a menu options will pop-up.
- Select “NIN Retrieval”, by typing in ‘1’
- Provide the required details such as First name, Last name e.t.c
- Send and wait for your National Identification Number to be sent to you via SMS.
- Note that using this service attracts a fee of N20 (Twenty Naira) only which will be deducted from your phone credit balance.
- This service is available on all mobile networks in Nigeria.
This is a good guide on How to Check if Your National ID Card is Ready in Nigeria. And also other information you might need concerning the National ID card and National Identification Number like the enrollment centres.