Nigeria Job Alert: Consultant – Business Development Training at Mercy Corps Nigeria
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant for Business Development Training
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Program / Department Summary
[penci_related_posts taxonomies=”undefined” title=”MORE JOBS” background=”” border=”” thumbright=”yes” number=”7″ style=”list” align=”right” displayby=”recent_posts” orderby=”random”]
- The MAIDA programme will directly support the recovery of women, men, girls and boys who are returnees, IDPs and members of host communities affected by the conflict in southern and central Borno State.
- The objective of MAIDA is to increase the social cohesion and resilience to economic, social and climate-related shocks in Borno State. Four interrelated and mutually reinforcing intermediate outcomes will contribute to achieving this objective.
- Mercy Corps is Providing economic opportunities for youth in Borno as it is vital to maintain stability, support inclusive economic growth and increase young people’s sense of belonging that they can achieve their ambitions.
- In addition to strengthening resilience of communities to the effects of the conflict, increasing access to finance Which may also reduce the success of one of Boko Haram’s recruitment strategies: providing access to cash or loans for youth to grow their businesses.
- Under this component of the MAIDA programme, 6,400 youth in areas of return will be provided with the opportunity to earn income, attain vocational and business development skills, access finance and benefit from safe spaces where they can receive psycho-social support and training in life skills and reproductive health.
Scope of Work
- Based on the program objectives, the consultant is to organize comprehensive Business Development Training for Program staff in Borno State.
- Develop an extensive training manual for the business development training
- The training manual should be developed to suite training of non-literates
- Organize a Training of Trainers for 25 persons a period of 11 days:
- 4 days for manual development
- 5 days for training
- 2 days for report writing
- Develop an agenda for training
- Comprehensive work plan and agenda submitted a week before the training
- Budget covering all cost
- Timeline to conduct the training.
- A training manual on business development skills in the English Language, not exceeding 50 pages in length.
- Train Staff on business development skills
- A comprehensive Workshop Report submitted to MCN a week after the training using an acceptable outline, and format
Place of Performance:
- The consultant will carry out his assignment in Borno state
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in conducting similar training
- Experience working with international Non-governmental and civil society organization
- Reports of written for past work done
- Sample of Business manual done before
- At least five years’ experience in doing related works
- Familiar with the terrine
Application Closing Date
27th December, 2019.
[penci_related_posts taxonomies=”undefined” title=”More From This Website” background=”” border=”” thumbright=”yes” number=”4″ style=”grid” align=”none” displayby=”recent_posts” orderby=”random”]
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications in a single folder with the following contents below to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- Mentioning the desired daily rate
- CV detailing previous training experience and highlighting training’s related to business development.
Vendor Information to be Included in the Proposal
- Company profile
- Evidence of both past and current jobs done
- Evidence of past reports for similar services provided
- Sample manual used before