Nurse at the International Organization for Migration (IOM) – 2 Openings
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nurse
SVN No.: CFCV2020.89
IOM Classification: Hourly
Organizational Unit: COVID-19 Isolation and Treatment Centre
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term Hourly Contract (On Call)
Estimated Start Date: As Soon as Possible
- Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and working under the direct supervision of the Manager for the Isolation and treatment Centre the incumbent will be responsible for day-to-day clinical nursing activities of the COVID-19 Isolation and treatment Centre in Abuja.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Assist the physicians in various duties related to management of patients admitted at the Isolation and Treatment Centre. This includes but not limited to: logistic preparation of medical examinations, procedures for quality control and quality assurance, handling of medical files, collection of bio-data and medical history, taking anthropometric measurements, identity check and ensuring confidentiality of medical information throughout the process.
- Administer treatment as prescribes and complete relevant records and reports as needed.
- Liaise with the laboratory staff and ensure timely receipt of laboratory results, record/ attach the results in the appropriate medical files.
- Assist with registration, data entry and printing out of records and other medical documents.
- Support collection/preparation of reports/statistical information as requested by the supervisor.
- Assist with monitoring and ensuring availability of medical supplies.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisorParticipate in the improvement of the service system according to adopted work plan in the laboratory.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Minimum a Diploma in Clinical Nursing from an accredited academic institution.
- Minimum four years of continuous practice post-graduation, registered to practice in Nigeria and with a valid registration license.
- Proactive; Independent Worker;
- A great team player; Fast Learner;
- IT Literate; Interpersonal Skills;
- Administrative & Time Management Skills,
- Ability to work under tight schedules,
- Fluency in English and Native Language; Fluency in multiple languages advantageous.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Men with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Application Closing Date
17th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications to: [email protected] indicating the position applied on subject line
- For the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line CFCV2020.89. Abuja Nurse.
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.