YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Growth in Value Alliance (GVA) Partners Limited – Our client is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Platform Engineer (OpenShift: OKD + Apigee Administrator)
- Our client requires the service of a highly skilled Platform Engineers.
- The successful candidate will write code that bridges the gap between software and hardware and tests the system so that it runs effectively and smoothly.
- This individual will run diagnostics tests to verify the correct design of hardware, which usually means writing code for manufacturing diagnostics so that the testing of the hardware takes place automatically.
- Design RedHat Enterprise Linux v7.x/8.x Operating System configurations in support of Platform as a Service (PaaS) infrastructures and OpenShift Platform.
- Design and implement automated deployment and configuration tools for RedHat Enterprise Linux in support of Platform as a Service (PaaS) and OpenShift Platform.
- Administer, optimize, and secure RedHat Enterprise Linux v7.x/8
- Design and develop an architecture of PaaS infrastructure based on Docker, Cri-O and Kubernetes.
- Design and develop an architecture of PaaS infrastructure in a hybrid Cloud environment.
- Create custom Docker and/or Linux containers.
- Manage Image repositories in support of Docker and/or Linux containers.
- Deploy a PaaS solution based on OpenShift software and industry best practices.
- Automate Docker application builds using industry standard tools such as Jenkins.
- Automate the creation of PaaS infrastructure using industry standard tools such as Ansible.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems and issues within the PaaS infrastructure and OpenShift Platform.
- Have the ability to research problems, contact and escalate issues with vendor and other third party hardware and software providers.
- Provide technical support during a disaster recovery exercise or in the event of an actual disaster at either the Primary or Backup Data Centre.
- Work with the team and application sponsors to resolve issues that arise in the daily administration of the UNIX/Linux environment and OpenShift Platform.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems for all applications.
- Support, implement and maintain new applications coming into the environment.
- Present status information on issues and problems to stakeholders.
- Document software changes and problem resolution steps.
Skills / Experience
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in relevant fields with a minimum of 8 years expereince
- Knowledge, skills and abilities to Administer / Optimize / Secure RedHat Enterprise Linux v7.x/8
- Knowledge, skills and abilities of the architecture of Platform as a Service (PaaS) infrastructure based on OpenShift and Kubernetes
- Knowledge, skills and abilities of the architecture of PaaS, IaaS, infrastructures in a “hybrid” Cloud environment,
- Knowledge, skills and abilities deploying automatically scalable systems on always available infrastructures
- Knowledge, skills and abilities using monitoring tools like Nagios and Splunk
- Knowledge of Cloud, PaaS, DevOps, Infrastructure as Code (IAC), Aws Azure, and Mysql Linux.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities to manage Image repositories in support of Containers and automate Docker Application builds using industry standard tools.
- Automate the creation of Infrastructures using industry standard tools.
- Ability to deploy PaaS and IaaS solutions based on Open Source Software and Industry best practices
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems and issues within a RHEL, PaaS, or IAAS infrastructure.
Application Closing Date
20th November, 2021.