Product Lead at Softcom Limited
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Softcom was established in 2007 with a mission to “connect people and businesses with meaningful innovation”. A technology company which aims to solve problems that will connect people and businesses to value that ultimately improves their lives. We want our products to enable inclusion and growth for people and businesses in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Product Lead
Employment Type: Full Time
- As a Product Lead at Softcom, you will be responsible for driving product initiatives from inception through execution. In true startup fashion, this role encompasses several functions, and you must be comfortable wearing multiple hats.
- In this role, you will collaborate closely with designers, engineers, product managers, product marketing managers, and other cross-functional team members within the organization to ensure that our products amaze and delight our users.
- You will be focused on creating innovative solutions that address pertinent problems that hamper the inclusion and growth of businesses in Africa and the rest of the world.
What You’ll Do
- Identify market opportunities, build business cases and define product vision and strategy.
- Work with a team of product managers to innovate solutions that meet the needs of our priority customers.
- Manage the entire product life cycle from ideation, to planning and execution.
- Define, document, and communicate objectives, requirements and constraints for product initiatives and releases.
- Deeply understand our customers and their needs, and guide our world-class team to ship remarkable solutions.
- In collaboration with design, engineering, marketing, and analytics partners, lead the end-to-end success of projects from discovery to launch.
- Identify new growth opportunities through quantitative research, UX studies, and reviews of Softcom standard methodologies.
- Hypothesize, measure and learn. Continuously test and leverage insights to inform decisions.
- Be the point person for your product area to leadership and across the organization and communicate progress on initiatives to stakeholders, partners and internal teams.
- Acquire partners that align with our intentions in order to deepen our product offerings.
- 5+ years of product management experience in a SaaS organisation
- Passion for our purpose of economic empowerment and helping businesses grow
- Strong customer empathy and experience shaping product direction based on customer needs
- An eye for long-term strategic vision, and can also operate in the details of short-term projects
- Created solid relationships that shine when you’re talking with a customer, cross-functional partner, or engaging a diverse audience
- Natural curiosity and growth mindset, obsession with the details
- Proven experience delivering results
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online