YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Chibeco Oil and Gas Nigeria Limited is an indigenous Oil and Gas trading company with headquarters located in Port Harcourt, Nigeria. We are committed to marketing the best quality and accurate quantity of NNPC specification/standard petroleum products to our customers in record time. We place integrity and transparency above profit thereby ensuring maximum customer satisfaction. This high standard is portrayed in our consistency with the delivery of high quality products to maintain a legacy that has been built over the years in our operations as a leading Oil and Gas company in Nigeria. Our brand is unique in the industry as a result of our ability to maintain an uncompromised standard at all times.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: QHSE Officer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- Develop, implement, and improve QHSE management systems, processes and procedures to support business operations in accordance with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001
- Communicate information on the QHSE Management System throughout the organisation and promote HSE awareness through various communication channels in consultation with all relevant departments
- Prepare QHSE documentation for clients/projects as per the requirements and in consultation with the BD / Operations team
- Undertake QHSE inspections internally and with third parties (contractors) as per the approved inspection program of the company. Follows up on the preventive and / or corrective actions identified during the inspections and monitors the timely closing of the actions in coordination with other departments.
- Record QHSE key performance indicators on a monthly basis and issue reports as necessary.
- Suggest and advise changes to ensure continuous improvement on any additional effective KPIs to be added in the system as part of continual improvement.
- Develops, implements and encourages the behavioural based safety culture in the organization through safe job observations and top management inspections
- Carry out regular drills to ensure emergency preparedness of employees.
- Organise regular safety talks and seminars to communicate the company’s safety policies to employees.
- Advising management on safety requirements of the company’s operations and ensuring the company’s operations are carried out in line with safety codes and guidelines.
- Coordinate emergency response and provide first aid when required.
- Carry out other duties as delegated by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Safety Management, Public Health or any related discipline.
- A postgraduate degree would be an added advantage.
- Relevant HSE certification; NEBOSH, OSHA, ISPON/NISP 1, 2 & 3 certifications.
- General knowledge of Environmental hazards and HSE principles
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- At least three  years’ experience working as a Safety Officer in the oil and gas or maritime industry.Excellent planning and organizing skills.
Application Closing Date
29th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: For enquiries, call: 0701106006 or 08125387755 between 10:am and 3pm on weekdays only.