YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Relationship problems? Have you ever listened to friends or people you know and hear their “advice” about relationships?They usually have great “ideas” of how to fix your relationship. Yes, they are pros and they want to help you out, right? How many people do you know that do a great job of telling you want to do but their life is a mess? Surprise, surprise …. great advice sounds good for others but is rarely practiced by the person who is giving it. Why is that?
Have you ever given advice and realized that it would “never” work in your relationship? So, what are some solutions that can begin to help resolve the relationship problems that get in the way of having the kind of relationship you desire?
3 Solutions to 3 Common Relationship Problems
Solution #1: Believe in your voice
There are probably tons of reasons why you do not take your own advice. One of the main reasons is that “theory” sounds way better than practice.
- It’s much easier to talk about what needs to be done than the act of actually taking the steps to make things better.
- The first step can often be the most difficult because sometimes you are not buying into your own beliefs.
- Once you don’t believe in yourself the relationship problems and arguing in a relationship you are experiencing will get worse!
- The first step in believing in yourself is beginning to listen to your voice.
- You will gain strength and confidence once your voice translates into real behavior.
Solution #2: Get out of your own way
One of the greatest limitations in relationships is that YOU will often “get in the way” of creating change without even realizing it. That’s right! You are your own worst enemy.
- You tell yourself all kinds of things that keep you stuck in neutral.
- The crazy part is that you have the ability to “shift” in a new direction but you have to actually believe that the change is possible.
Have you ever tried to put some of your own advice about how to fix your relationship problems and it totally bombed? Ask yourself why? Simply, you really did not believe in what you were doing. It just sounded good. You were kind of playing along with the thought you had but had doubt in the back of your mind.
Solution #3: Change is uncomfortable but will be worth it in the end
Change will only happen in your relationship when you believe it is possible. Your actions will show you what is possible. Moving away from thinking about change and beginning to take actions that put the change in place will change your life.
- Once you stop pretending and believing in what you are saying you will be totally amazed what will happen next.
- You might even surprise yourself and move things in a new direction. How does that sound?
- In the end, all relationship problems have answers. The question is are you willing to do what’s necessary to create change in your relationship?
It’s never too late to begin to change your relationship. Learn more about our Relationship Coaching Program today at Relationships Unscripted.