SAB Foundation Tholoana Enterprise Programme 2022 for young South African Entrepreneurs.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Application Deadline: 31 August 2022
The SAB Foundation Tholoana Enterprise Programme is committed to supporting entrepreneurs to build viable, growing and sustainable businesses that can create jobs.
Since 2015, this innovative and life-changing programme has delivered exceptional results for hundreds of entrepreneurs all over the country and across multiple business sectors.
The SAB Foundation Tholoana Enterprise Programme supports entrepreneurs to become successful and resilient business owners through extensive entrepreneurial skills development, mentorship and access to markets, finance and practical business tools and templates. Through connections to peers around the country, we build a powerful network of opportunities for participants long after the programme has ended.
The programme prioritises entrepreneurial ventures that are owned and managed by historically disadvantaged groups (i.e. black people, women, youth, people living with disabilities and those living in rural areas) so as to help redress socio-economic challenges faced by these marginalised groups
In 2022, Tholoana Enterprise Programme will be recruiting 60 high-potential businesses to take up this life-changing opportunity.
Tholoana Enterprise Programme prioritise selecting businesses that are owned or run by women, located in rural areas and that benefit
people living with disabilities.
Below are specific eligibility criteria that business owners need in order to apply: Entrepreneur requirements
• The applicant should be resilient, self-motivated and driven to succeed.
• The applicant should show a willingness to learn, grow and change.
• The applicant should show entrepreneurial and leadership abilities.
• The applicant is involved in the daily operations and management of the business on a full-time basis and is not employed by any other organisation.
• The applicant is a South African citizen
• The applicant has the skills and experience necessary for the type of business they are engaged in.
• The applicant is looking for business support, mentorship and skills training to take their business to the next level.
• The applicant is committed to full participation in the programme over the18-month period.
• The applicant is open to change and willing to drive new strategies to support the growth of their business.
• The applicant has high moral and ethical standards and a desire to contribute to the economy of South Africa.
• The business is at least 51% black-owned and managed
• The business creates jobs.
• The business is in the early stages of growth.
• The business is operational and has been trading for at least 12 months.
• The business should be a going concern, commercially sustainable and viable.
• The business is headquartered and registered (if applicable), within South African borders.
In addition, we are keen to identify enterprises with long-term growth and good job creation potential. This includes enterprises with export potential and/or import substitution, as well as ones in growth sectors including agriculture, manufacturing, water, energy and waste, tourism and hospitality, information communication technology and agro-processing etc.
- Successful businesses are built on a combination of business skills, personal skills and leadership skills. We follow this holistic approach and place as much focus on leadership development and confidence-building as all the other facets of the programme. Practical skills development:
- Five dynamic workshops form an important part of the programme and attendance at these sessions is compulsory. The presentations are practical and facilitated by experienced entrepreneurs, and the topics include Personal Transformation and Strategic Planning, Costing and Pricing, Sales and Marketing, Human Resource Management and Accounting and Financial Management for Small Businesses. Mentoring and coaching:
- Participants have access to a personal mentor for up to four hours per month. In addition to the mentor, ongoing support and guidance from portfolio coordinators and the programme manager is on offer. Targeted consulting support including agri-specialists, process
engineering and investment readiness are also on offer. Online information sessions:
- A number of online information sharing sessions will take place over the course of the programme. These sessions contribute to knowledge sharing, skills building and peer learning and networking. Brand building interventions:
- These tightly focused interventions are designed to improve market access and create brand awareness by providing specific sales and marketing assistance to participants. Examples include development of effective company profiles, price lists, logo development, website creation where relevant and other sales tools. Access to resources:
- Participants will have access to a suite of resources in the fields of legislation and compliance, business development, market access, access to finance and media and public relations. Performance tracking:
- The monitoring and evaluation of business data allows the team to identify individual challenges that require support interventions, and also strengthens the investment readiness of your business. This data also allows the Tholoana Enterprise Programme team to track the performance of the whole group, giving an overview that shows your performance in relation to your peers. Financial information, management accounts and jobs data are submitted on a monthly basis. Peer-to-peer community and networking:
- In addition to the networking opportunities facilitated at the workshops, a digital peer-topeer networking platform enables participants to share information, collaborate and discuss common challenges. Active participation in peer group activities is required.
- Participate fully in all programme elements, peer groups and business growth interventions.
- Meet all milestones agreed upon.
- Complete all baseline and yearly surveys as requested, for a period of five years.
- Regularly engage with your mentor, ensuring that you utilise their knowledge and support.
- Submit monthly business data including simple online financial reports.
- Maintain open, two-way communications (including any concerns and suggestions) with our friendly team.
- Show positive, entrepreneurial spirit and demonstrate a willingness to listen, learn and grow.
- Share ideas, think big, and help yourself and others to succeed!
For More Information: