YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Ibis Lagos Airport Hotel – Some say you can’t put a price on comfort. ibis hotels prove the contrary by offering their guests well-being at the best price. Fully-equipped rooms, innovative bedding and 24-hour reception services. Welcome to the world’s leading economy hotel brand.
Ibis is a brand of economy hotels focused on evolutive design with simple and flexible furniture and owned by Accor. Created in 1974, Ibis became Accor’s economy megabrand in 2011 with the launch of Ibis Styles and Ibis Budget. Ibis manages 1174 hotels in 67 countries (2018).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Waitress
Location: Ajao Estate, Lagos
- We are looking for a skilled Waiter or Waitress to take orders and deliver food and beverages to our customers.
- The right Waitress uplifts the dining experience for customers. We are looking for someone who will have the patience, personality, and perseverance to thrive in this role.
- Waitress responsibilities include greeting and serving customers, providing detailed information on menus, multi-tasking various front-of-the-house duties, and collecting the bill. If you can perform well in fast-paced environments, we’d like to meet you. To be a successful Waitress, you should be polite with our customers and make sure they enjoy their meals. You should also be a team player and be able to effectively communicate with our Kitchen Staff to make sure orders are accurate and delivered promptly.
- Keep in mind that Waitress duties may require working in shifts and/or occasionally during weekends and holidays.
- Ultimately, our Waitresses must provide an excellent overall dining experience for our guests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet and escort customers to their tables
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients, or potential food allergies)
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware, and glasses
- Inform customers about the day’s specials
- Offer menu recommendations upon request
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software, order slips, or by memorization
- Check customers’ IDs to ensure they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
- Serve food and drink orders
- Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments
- Carry dirty plates, glasses, and silverware to the kitchen for cleaning
- Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu, and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties)
- Follow all relevant health department regulations
- Provide excellent customer service to guests.
Other Skills Education And Experience
- An OND from a recognized institution but a First Degree will be preferable.
- A minimum of 2 years experience using Micros payment systems
- A minimum of 1 year work experience as a Waiter or Waitress with a reputable hotel brand
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
BenefitsIbis Lagos Airport Hotel
- Attractive Salaries: Our goal is to acknowledge our employees’ skills and performance, while at the same time respecting the principles of fairness and non-discrimination.
To ensure our salaries are competitive, we regularly conduct surveys of local markets and specialized firms. This enables us to provide personalized and motivational support for all our teams with the aim of facilitating and encouraging their development.
- Regular Support: Meeting in a calm setting, conducting an appraisal and setting targets is a valuable process, both for managers and employees.Several meetings or discussions are held throughout the year to facilitate dialogue and motivate teams.
- Wellness for all: With operations over 63 countries, we strive to ensure the well-being, health and safety of all our teams. Accor is extremely attentive to its employees and their loved ones.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidaIbis Lagos Airport Hoteltes should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.