With the ongoing pandemic, wedding celebrations have taken a different turn, and couples are opting for smaller, more intimate ceremonies. Enter the micro wedding, a trend that has become increasingly popular among couples.
READ MORE: The Dos and Don’ts of Wedding Etiquette Every Bride and Groom Should Know
Micro weddings are small-scale celebrations that allow for a more personalized and meaningful experience for the couple and their loved ones. In this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at what a micro wedding is and provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to plan one.
What is a Micro Wedding?
A micro wedding is a wedding with fewer than 50 guests, making it a more intimate and personalized experience. It’s an alternative to a traditional wedding celebration, which can be more elaborate, expensive, and time-consuming to plan. Micro weddings are perfect for couples who prefer a smaller, more meaningful celebration, without compromising on the elegance and sophistication of their special day.
Micro Weddings and Step by Step How to Plan Them
- Determine Your Guest List: Since the guest list is limited, it’s essential to decide who you want to invite. Consider inviting only close family and friends to make it an intimate experience.
- Choose a Venue: A micro wedding can take place anywhere, from a backyard to a restaurant, or even a beach. Choose a location that suits your style and budget.
- Select Vendors: Hire vendors such as a photographer, florist, caterer, and wedding planner, if needed.
- Plan the Ceremony: Decide on the type of ceremony you want to have, whether it’s religious or non-religious, and choose the officiant.
- Choose Your Attire: Select your wedding attire that suits the style and theme of your wedding.
- Plan the Reception: A micro wedding doesn’t have to be a formal sit-down dinner. You can opt for a more casual reception, such as a cocktail party or a small family-style dinner.
- Decorate the Venue: Make your wedding venue feel special by adding personal touches such as flowers, candles, and other decorations that fit the theme and style of your wedding.
- Don’t Forget the Details: Remember to plan the music, transportation, and any other small details that will make your wedding day special.
A micro wedding is an excellent alternative for couples who want an intimate, personalized celebration without the fuss of a traditional wedding. By following the steps we’ve outlined, you can create a memorable and meaningful wedding day that you and your loved ones will cherish forever. With a smaller guest list, you can focus on the details that matter the most and have a wedding day that truly reflects who you are as a couple.